Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Blue+Paint+Questions: Kisses & Disses

It was our weekly 'what are your plans for the weekend' conversation that we always have.  He looked at me and asked that very daunting question that never ceases to put an enourmous amount of pressure on myself... don't ask me why - I just feel the need to have something extravagant planned.  So how do I respond?  'I'm going to paint the living room and entry way'.  How's THAT for big plans!  I felt very successful in that moment.  That is... until I actually sat back and thought about all the other 'things' I had on my plate and how I had just nonchalantly added painting our entire living room and entry way... including ceilings... into my weekend plans.  Was I a complete idiot!?!

So friends, I need to confess.  The weekend has passed and now my living room has been painted three whole times.  THREE.  White - prime.  Baby blue- the paint swatch swore to me it was grey.  And now and actual grey - sigh of relief.   AND...to add insult to injury, every piece of furniture is sitting, for the fourth day in a row, in the middle of the room.  I'm beginning to get a little sick when trying to watch tv considering I have a 61inch TV sitting approximately a foot in front of my face.  If you want to look at the silver lining I guess I could compare it to being in a movie theater but having to sit on the very front row.  Awesome.  Maybe I should start taking some motion sickness pills before I sit down to watch Modern Family tonight.

And with that, I bring you another edition of Kisses & Disses.


*The beautiful new grey paint color in my living room.  And accomplishing half of my weekend goal by completely finishing the paint project in my entry way. 

*The Mr. bought me a new car.  She's bright and shiny and red.  And I love her completely. 

*Sinking my iPhone with my email calendar.  Genius!  I know, a little behind the times, but yesterday I was shown the light.  I feel so organized now! Before I had 4 calendars and would have to write things 4 times to make sure I was always on track.  The hubs never knew when I had shoots.  Poor guy.



*The question 'What are your plans for the weekend'.  You just can pressure people.  It's just not right!  They end up committing to things that are insane.

*Since we're in the safe zone - I think it's OK to admit to you all I'm a bit of a TV junkie... kind of.  I love me some Teen Mom.  For Real!  So I'm not sure if this is a kiss or a diss.  But Janelle.  I hate that she can't be a mom to her precious little boy, but smoking pot on the front porch?  Really? 

*The color baby blue.  I use to be Ok with it until I woke up Sunday morning and my grey living room had morphed into a pale blue little boy's room over night.  Rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment