Friday, September 10, 2010

The things that change you

It's been almost two months people.  Married.  For two months.  It's gone by oh-so-fast!

So let me give you a little glimpse into my life right before the wedding.

Honestly, I thought I was super woman.  You know.  Pink Cape. Make-up that never looked out of place. That super woman.  I was planning my own wedding and shooting other people's right and left.  And I loved it all.  It's true.  I loved the chaos.  Loved to see what other people were doing to decorate for their own 'Big Day'.  I just simply loved it.  And I thought I could do it all.

My family thought I was crazy, however.  And I was.  A little bit.  When you love what you do it's hard to tell people no and make time for yourself.  For YOUR 'Big Day'.  Everyone kept telling me, " Alli, you've got to say no".  But I couldn't.  I didn't want to.  So guess what.  God did it for me.  And I look back now and go WOW! 

When I look back I notice a dead stop in the emails.  A dead stop in the brides contacting me.  It's as if they knew.  They could smell in their bride genes that I was a fellow bride.  So they turned and went a different direction.

All that to say God stopped things for about 4 weeks and let me enjoy the last 4 weeks of my engagement.  We got married.  Loved it.  Went on our honeymoon.  (If I was much for abbreviations I would say GORG here... but I'm not) Gorgeous.  And then it's as if he lifted his very large finger and said OK - get at it again. 

Now we're back in the swing of things.  Back in that comfort zone we all love.  Back to making new friends with all my new brides!

No comments:

Post a Comment