Monday, September 27, 2010

Here's to you Monday

This is simple.  While driving this morning I was arguing with myself about how bad Monday's really are.  They truly upset me because they take away the joy that a Sunday is suppose to bring.  In the fall -in my world- Sundays bring church, warm food, flannel pajama pants, sunday afternoon movies and cuddling up in a ball on the couch.  This shouldn't be too much to ask for.  But it is.  Sundays are suppose to be happy, relaxing time.  But instead I'm plagued with the thought of waking up early that next day.  Monday.  It's a cruel one you see.  But, again, I'm forced to get over it.

So back to the driving part.  I was in my car this morning 'getting over it' and a song came on the radio.  Remember, everywhere I go... music goes too.  And my view changed.  I thought to myself, it's amazing how a little yukalaylee instrument can turn that frown upside down.  Then I thought, ya know - if every song had this little guy in it... the world would be a better place.  Or, at least I could hope anyway.

So here's to my new friend, the yukalaylee.  I'll never play one, but I will smile every time a new song hits the radio with this bright and chipper little sound.  I will feel a smile stretch across my face.

Here's to you Monday.  I'm over it.

1 comment:

  1. here's to the yukalalee - and coffee - which makes monday's a joy slide into the rest of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete