Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Super Hero's Posing as Hairstylists: Kisses & Disses

They had gone fishing. My brother was five and I was three. But I remember it like it happened last night. It was early in the morning and my brother, Scott, scurried into my room and got me out of my crib. He told me dad had given him a present and that we were going to play a little game. He lead me to the top step of our very long staircase and told me to sit down.
Now internet, I remind you I am three years old. I love my big brother with my whole being. I look up to him like he is some super-hero dressed in bright blue tights and a red cape. The thing I did not know though was my father had given my brother a small Swiss Army knife on the way home from the lake the night before. As they drove towards our house Scott slumped over in the back seat of our Ford Taurus and drifted immediately into a five-year-olds sleep. When my father reached home, he opened the back door to the car and gingerly lifted my sleeping brother into his arms; the Swiss Army knife freeing itself from his little grip. As my brother woke the next morning his first thoughts were to his Swiss Army knife. He ran down to the garage and found it lying in the back seat. Shiny and red as if it had never been used.

So I sit on the top step. My super hero of a brother opens the scissors on the Swiss Army knife and tells me that every time I hear a snip of the scissors I am to move down a step. Fun game, right internet? Yep! A few minutes later my mother wakes up and walks out of my parents bedroom. I hear a gasp come from within her and I turn around... from the last step of our long staircase. I see horror make a screeching halt across her face as she sees chunks of my blonde hair tracing down each step of our staircase. And with that, I went from having pretty three-year-old blonde hair to somewhat of a boy's haircut.

Thank you brother. I love you too.

So, here's to five-year-olds with Swiss Army knives, Innocent three-year-old girls and super-sweet super hero's.

This week's Kisses go to:

  • The Secret Garden Candle Company... because they have simply the most amazing fragrances in candles! I kid you not. I'm in love.
  • My new show: I Survived on the Biography Channel. This show tells true stories of horribly awful events that people survive to tell about. Addicting. Come on, you all know I'm easily hookedto television shows. My friends joke about it. 
  • The camera on my iPhone. I should be the best about taking pictures of every day life, but I'm not. I don't want to take my big camera with me everywhere.. and well, my dog chewed up my point & shoot... so my iphone camera is my new best friend. Love you iphone camera!
 
 
This week's Disses go to:  
  • Early mornings in the fall.  It's so cold in the house and I just want to stay curled up in my warm bubble!  
  • Older super-hero brothers posing as hair stylists.

No comments:

Post a Comment