Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kisses & Disses: Tulsa Photographer

I was sitting in the back seat of our 1992 Ford Taurus.  The air had a hint of fall and leaves were just beginning to transform into the beautiful colors we've all grown to love.  My dad had just stopped at a gas station to grab my brother and I something to drink before we ventured out on the long road to another sales call he had to make.  I sat in the back seat completely content as I held the warm chocolaty substance between my 8 year old little paws.  I bent my head down and took a long, slow sip of my very hot, hot chocolate.  Through a straw.

I know.  Every one of you just cringed a bit.  Because, well, a person should just know not to drink hot things through straws. I did not.  I had not been privy to that sort of information evidently.  Evidently my parents thought I was smart enough to figure that one out on my own.  Well, I did.  The hard way.

I wound the handle to the back seat window as quickly as I could and stuck my tongue out in the brisk.  Looking back now, I'm quite certain to everyone we passed on the highway I resembled a dog with my head out the window, tongue waving in the wind.  But as you know, it hurt.  Bad.  Little bubbles began forming in my mouth and I cried.  Why had I not been told you don't drink hot chocolate, or hot anything for that matter, with a straw.

Oh, learning life lesson's is hard.  Being young is hard.  And well, drinking hot chocolate through a straw?  That one's really hard.  I suggest you not try it.

And that brings us to this week's edition of Kisses & Disses!

This week's kisses go to:

  • Premiere Week!  Grey's Anatomy starts tomorrow night!  If you haven't heard about my slight obsession with shows, you can get the history here.

  • My Cowboy's are 3-0!  No.  Not the Dallas Cowboys.  My Oklahoma State Cowboys!

  • We're having a family dinner with my parents tonight to celebrate September birthdays ( we have 3).  Big Kiss to family celebrations!

  • Teen Mom - yes, another amazing show... on MTV I'm ashamed to say.  These girls just pull me in and make me watch every episode.  Oh, that Amber... just really get's my blood boiling.  But Sweet Maci, love her!
And, of course, this weeks disses...

  • Not truly getting a fall season.  It's almost October and well, frankly, it's still 90 degrees every day.  Yes, I know.  I live in Oklahoma.  But having at least a few short weeks of beautiful fall weather would be nice.  Please?

  • Wind.  I wore a dress yesterday and every time I walked outside I had to hold the skirt of my dress to keep me from looking like I was trying to pull a Marilyn Monroe.  Big Diss!

  • Clearly.  Straws in hot chocolate.  Just don't do it.  Learn from this tongue flapping in the wind kid.  It's not worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment