Monday, September 13, 2010

Growing Pains.

I don't cry.  Not really.  Not all the time that is.  But as he kissed me on the forehead and turned for the door, a small tear escaped out of the corner of my eye.  I laid there on the couch all sad-like.  That's when I started the conversation with myself.  Allison, seriously.  You said it was OK.  You gave your ticket to the Oklahoma State football game away.

It's true.  I admit it.  I went all emotional girly-like Saturday.  I gave my ticket away to my father-in-law because he mentioned that he wanted to go.  Perfect, problem solved.  I had a ticket I could give him.  So I did. Then out of no where... BAM! I got emotional.  I started thinking about everyone in their orange.  Our players making beautiful touchdowns.  Bullet (our beautiful black horse) running out on the field as the announcer came over the speakers yelling Heeeeeeeere Coooommmes Bullet! 

It's true.  And I can't believe I'm actually admitting it.  I was deeply saddened by the fact that my husband was walking out the front door without me to go to a game.  He stopped and asked what I was going to do the rest of the day.  Sulkingly, I said, Oh, I guess I'll just watch the game on TV.  He hesitated.  Babe, you know it's not televised, right?  Again with the tears.  It was more than I could take.

So, internet.  I had a moment of growing up on Saturday.  Because.  In the grand scheme of things, what was one game?  I could handle not going to one game.  Yeah, until I find out it's one of the most exciting/intense games!  Bum.mer.

It all came full-circle though.  I had a super-fun time Sunday evening shooting engagements for one of my bride & grooms  getting married next fall.  They are in l.o.v.e.  and I loved every minute of it.  Those pictures will be coming soon, but until then.... here is a fun shot from last night that embraces all that Oklahoma is.  Sunsets.  Wheat fields.  Hay bales & a little class.  All mixed together.

1 comment: