Monday, January 17, 2011

Love in a Dream: Tulsa Wedding Photographer

I've been absent the last week.  I'm sorry.  My grandmother has been in the hospital and my mind has been elsewhere.  All that to say... I'm focusing again.

She's the type of woman you see and know there's a story.  She's lived a long life surrounded by those that love her, and now she sits, my grandmother, hardly remembering what she did five minutes ago. 

Two years ago we sat at my mother's kitchen table as she reached her hand across to me, patted the top of my hand and said, I had a dream last night.  She dreamt that my deceased grandad walked in to their bedroom and sat on the bed next to her.  He placed his hand on top of hers and said, "You know I've always loved you Patsy".  Then he stood and walked out of the room... disappearing with each step. 

A small tear fell from the corner of her eye as she told me her dream.  But I don't think it was a tear of sadness, but more of joy in remembering the love my grandad has for her. 

This small dream comforts me.  I am comforted in knowing that he is waiting for her and that my loss will reunite my grandparents again.

For now she is stable and happy.  She has full-time home health care and I learned last night that she prays with these ladies every night - in her prayer... she prays specifically for her grandchildren.  This brings a tear to my eye.  To see a woman as frail as she is yet still pouring out love for our God.  I admire my grandmother.

During this moment, I am thankful for my grandmother.  As hard as these last few months have been, I am grateful.

I leave with an image that brings a smile to my face.  Riley was truly fascinated with being a girl this day.  She embraced everything that it meant to be female. 


No comments:

Post a Comment