Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kisses & Disses: Tulsa Wedding Photographer

As a freshman in college you just have to look cute as you walk to class... or so I thought.  In those first few precious days of your college career you learn so much.  Don't dress up for class like you did in High School; it's no longer accepted.  Don't spend too much time doing your make-up.  And absolutely don't waste your time on your hair.  Precious life-lessons when you're in college.  Essential to the continuation of your college career. 

I remember the first time I drove back home after attending my Friday morning classes.  The first thing my mother said was, what happened to you?  Where are all those cute clothes I bought you before you left for college?  You see, I was dressed in my college best.  My worn sweat pants, date party shirt, flip-flops and my hair mangled into something that resembled a ponytail.  I think at that point in time it was cool to fold a bandana and use it as a headband... so I'm fairly certain I had one of those on too.  My mother was confused.  I then proceeded to tell her I needed to go shopping for sweat pants for class because I only had a few pairs and I needed more.  After all, nobody wears jeans to class, mom.  I'll never forget the words that came out of her mouth next.  Allison, the reason people don't wear jeans is because they don't have an elastic waist band and they don't allow people to baloon up!  I sat there stunned.  She had a point, ya know.

This is where it really gets bad though.  It's January and the weather in Oklahoma had not been very nice to us.  My Alma Mater never closes school, so I  wake up with 15 minutes to spare before my morning class starts, I throw my hair into a ponytail, pull on a nicer version of sweatpants, a jacket, grab my bag and hit the door.  As I strolled in front of the library, the Oklahoma weather got the best of me.  As a freshman I never took notice as to just how slick the concrete in front of our library was.  And to make it worse?  Oh, it's just the main walkway on campus.  My flat-bottomed shoes began to make their way into ice skates and the biggest look of horror took residency across my face.  I skated a few feet and was able to regain my balance... when one of the starters of our basketball team managed to plant himself directly in my path and catch my fall.  Fail.  I looked up and realized who it was that stabilized my fall and immediately wanted to sink into a puddle of frozen water beneath my feet.  I know what you're thinking, what's the big deal?  Weeellllll, call me clumbsy, but I'd run into this particular individual about 3 other times on campus.  I was either walking while reading the school paper, texting, talking on my phone or just plain not paying attention to where I was going and POW!  There was Daniel Bobik to stop me in my tracks.  So.. by the time he rescued me from my icecapade in front of our library we were regular acquaintances.  He laughed and I hung my head as we slowly turned and walked in opposite directions. 

Which brings us to another edition of Kisses & Disses!




> Snow.  In all of its white powdery glory: I love snow.
> My Shootsac.  If you've worked with me you know it never leaves my side.  I am in love with this beauty.  Best invention that ever hit photographers!
> Hair Appointments.  I had a hair appointment last night and it was two hours of sweet blissfulness.  There's something about that appointment that makes your whole day wonderful!


> Ice.  It truly is the evil stepchild of snow.  And it makes you fall on basketball players.  Never a good thing.
> Bitterly cold weather.  Do we see a trend here?  I think so.
>Michelle from this season of the Bachelor.   Major Diss.  And yes, I'm obsessed.  I end up heartbroken at the end of every season... but they just keep pulling me back for another season. 

Oh, and if you haven't done so yet, head on over and 'like' us on facebook!  Please?  I'll love you forever! and maybe it will make us feel oober cool!

1 comment:

  1. That sidewalk in front of the library was slicker than snot when it was icy or snowy! As were the crosswalks/ speedbumps on Monroe. I fell in both of those places on several occasions! Miss and love you girl!

    ReplyDelete