Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Imperfect Perfectionist: Tulsa Wedding Photographer

I am imperfect.  I'll be the first to admit it.  Although, there is some type of programming inside me that screams for perfection.  In my daily life.  In my life in general.  I feel as though perfection is a must.

So let's talk about a big IMperfection of mine: I feel the need to make decisions fast.  I don't want to sit and ponder what the absolute write decision is - I just go with my gut.  Some of you may say this is a good thing.  I, on the other hand, know it is one of my biggest flaws.  Why?  Because when someone does not allow me to resolve an issue or make an abrupt decision I make myself crazy.  I think of any way possible I can get the task/problem/issue finished.  FAST. 

When I shoot a session/wedding: I drive myself mad/crazy until I finish the editing process and get everything shipped out to my clients.  If I have emails sitting in my inbox: I have to answer them ASAP or I feel as though I have unfinished business.   Like right now.  I have an email that just popped in to book a session and it's driving me crazy to make myself sit here and finish this blog post rather than answer the email.  When someone says they 'need to think about it' there's a tick in me that goes crazy.  Think?? What's that?? I need you to make your decision now so I can reduce the feeling of having unfinished business!...  I can't handle unfinished business.  I need to feel as though all my edges have been hemmed and no one is waiting on anything from me.  I need to feel finished. whew.  I at least read the email... now I can concentrate on this post.

This is the point when we just need to sit back.  Relax.  Breathe.  If you want to 'think about it' I'm sure I'll be OK.  I can manage.  Take your time.  Just please hurry a little.

You may remember this beauty from this session.  It just makes me relax.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment