Thursday, October 14, 2010

Honeymoon

I'm horrible.  It's been 3 months since the honeymoon and I've yet to post anything about it.  So sorry.


It was the best vacation I've been on - ever.  We decided to wait a day to fly out so we could catch up on sleep and do some last minute packing.  Let me tell you what - I would highly recommend this!  I didn't have to worry about packing before the wedding which was a huge stress relief.  We got up, did a little last-minute laundry, packed and had a leisurely day.  The next day, Monday, we got up and caught our flight out of Oklahoma at 8:30 and were in Mexico by 1:00.


Now, if you know my husband at all, you know he's a planner.  He doesn't make abrupt decisions.... about anything!  He takes his time, researches every possible option about sixteen times, thinks about it for about five months, researches a little bit more and then is forced by yours-truly to make a decision.  The funny thing?  When I make him decide he acts as if he hasn't had enough time and in that Kerbo voice sighs a great big "I don't know..."  The bright side to his OCD decision making is that once a decision is made I know it's gonna be a good one.  Me on the other hand?  I'll jump at the first pretty thing I see.  I think I said "Oh, I wanna go there!" to about twenty-five different resorts.  But who can blame a girl?  Give me a beach, sun and a pallapa and I'm set!


We honeymoon'd down to the Riviera Maya in Mexico and stayed at the most beautiful resort, The Iberostar Grand Paraiso.  The people were so nice, and our butler Victor?  He was my new best friend, but thanks sir... I'll unpack my own suitcase.  


We flew out on Monday then back on Sunday afternoon and had a whole lotta fun in between it all!  There was snorkeling, lots of laying under that Mexican sun, too much food, Diet Cokes on the beach and lemon dusted peanuts every day.  Ever had these?  They're amazing!


So, go on vacation!!  Take a look at a few of our pictures and if you can't dream about another resort, let me know - I'd be happy to give Victor a shout and let him know you're heading his way!




Look at my cute little Scuba Steve!

















Enjoy your Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible place to visit. Great photos, keep updating.

    ReplyDelete