Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Both Feet On-Board + Senior Session: Tulsa Photographer

So, I'm learning things about myself.  Those things you always thought were just 'normal', but truly... they're not.  And maybe it's not really an abnormal thing.  You see, I think all women are like this.  A subject is brought up and we jump on-board with both feet planted.  It doesn't matter if this subject is real, fictional, or could potentially change how our whole life is played out.. just maybe.  We take to this subject as if it is our whole existance.

Sunday evening Caleb asked if I wanted to go on a little drive with him.  He had found a beautiful side-road and he wanted me to see it too.  We jumped in our pretty little car and started driving.  Up and down twisty roads.  - Now, let's be real, we live in Oklahoma... it's pretty flat and narrow so when I say twisty roads I mean there may have been a bend here and there.  Nothing that will really make your stomach meet your throat. - So we're driving.  I spot a few new locations that will make perfect shooting spots - camera shooting.  not gun shooting people. - After awhile Caleb starts talking about buying land.  And that's when I jumped on-board with both feet planted.  I start dreaming about how it would all look, where I would park my shiny new red car, where I would place the patio furniture and just how much fun Macie dog would have running through all that country.  Then he said it.  "I bet there are a lot of coyotes out here".  What!  I turned to him.  I don't want to live with coyotes!  "Dear, coyotes don't hurt/eat people.  They just like animals - you know, small dogs and things of that nature." 

Now, Internet.  My dog is by no means small.  She is a healthy, beautiful 70 pounds.  I couldn't believe he'd said it.  "They like small dogs!"  I looked over at Caleb as if my whole life had just changed.  "Macie is not going to be eaten by coyotes!  I can't have my dog live out there.  She's got to start coming inside, now!" 

Then he stopped me.  Babe, we don't even live in the country.  We live in the city.  Macie's fine.  She's happy.  There aren't coyotes.  I promise.  I sat back in my seat and jumped back to reality.  Oh yeah... we live in the city.  There are no coyotes.  Macie is fine.... I thought to myself.

So that's how it happens.  You bring an idea up and we just automatically think it's real.  We jump whole heartedly into the subject as if it's life or death.  But that's just how we do things.  We're passionate people.  We're constantly learning, and if it means we imagine patio furniture on our unbought houses and how our puppies will love running on a new patch of earth, so be it.  It makes us happy.

And because posts are just better with pictures, here are a few sets from a Senior session I did recently.

To view a slideshow of Alex's Sernior Session click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment