Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tick-Tock

It never happened fast enough.  They kept saying, it will come around again next year.  But no.  I wanted it to stay today, in this moment, forever.  The warmth of those around you.  The unconditional love I always felt.  I feared the end of it all.    But then, the infamous scream, " SANTA'S COMING!!!"  Ok, so maybe we didn't scream that exact phrase, but we all know what runs through the mind of a six year old on Christmas Eve.  " SANTA'S COMING!!"  Sorry, couldn't resist.

These are the times we get to swoon over the love our family's give one another.  And yes, I did fear the end of Christmas Eve.  See, my family always celebrates on this particular night.  We sit around until the wee hours of the morning exchanging gifts with one another, then scurry off to bed in time for the big man in the red jacket to scale down the chimney.

And folks, the time is nearing.  Christmas time.  I, for one, cannot wait.  You see, I am a Christmas girl.  Born two weeks before Christmas (and yes, I will expect you all to remember that) I think I have earned my right to bask thoroughly in everything that screams Christmas Time!  Ornaments, little bells that jingle, extremely tacky Christmas sweaters (I have one that will take the cake!), big, beautiful glittery bows, Christmas carols, gifts stacked upon gifts, Christmas candy, glistening lights, and let's not forget the infamous tradition of driving around looking at how everyone else decorated for the Holiday.  I simply love this time of year.  There is something about this month in particular that brings out a special side in everyone.  One I wish we could keep around all year long. 

A lot has changed since I feared Christmas Eve ending.  I have welcomed many new editions into my family and no longer fear reaching the last package in my stack of gifts because I've learned as you get older life moves faster.  It moves faster than a blink of an eye and before I know it Christmas Eve will peak it's beautiful head out again!

And since everything's a little more interesting with pictures, here is one from my day after Thanksgiving session.  Two adorably-beautiful cousins!


No comments:

Post a Comment