Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My perfect Christmas

“So, you ready to go home?” … I’m thinking to myself, what! I thought it was happening tonight?!?! But on the outside- I’m cool as a cucumber. “Sure.” We started walking to the car, but I was quickly diverted in another direction.

This is the night I got engaged. I thought I knew everything. I thought I knew every move he was going to make – but the whole, ‘are you ready to go home’ really threw me for a loop. This is what’s wonderful about Caleb; he knows I’m ornery so he plays along with it!


As we walked around Rhema I could tell he was trying to find a place where there were not a lot of people around. I finally saw a place, looked over at him and said, ‘I know where we’re going’ and started walking towards it. Again. ORNERY!


As we walked up to the spot Caleb pulled a letter out of his pocket and told me he had something for me to read. Upon looking up from the oober sweet letter he lowered himself onto one knee and said those words every girl dreams of while spinning around in circles in her bedroom growing up. It was perfect. Nothing showy- nothing extravagant – just the most important part of it all. ‘Will you marry me?’ …it’s enough.

We are so excited and of course bombarded with a zillion questions that we can’t answer. ‘Have you set a date?’ .. umm.. TBD… ‘What kind of dress do you want?’.. TBD… ‘Where are you getting married?’… sorry to be repetitive but, TBD.

For now, pure excitement. We have opened a new chapter in our lives, one we cannot wait to share with everyone. The Lord is so good!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! Love both of these pictures - you are beautiful - and your engagement story was great! Enjoy every minute of it and don't let the pressure or questions get to you. I'm so happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the engagement story! So beautiful Ali! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations sweet friend! What a cute story. And I LOVE that you got engaged at Rhema. Love those lights. I expect a wedding invitation!!

    ReplyDelete