Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And You Will Be My Squishy :: {Tulsa Wedding Photographer}

Let's get boogy boards today, he said.  We were in Cabo and the waves were ridiculous, but boogy boards seemed like the way to go.  I mean, what else is an Oklahoma girl to do when she see's huge waves?  How should I have known that these waves would crest a few hundred feet above my head?  What?  Not a hundred feet?  Ok fine, 50 feet.  We'll meet in the middle.

Two boogy boards in hand we ran like five-year-old kids towards the ocean.  Partially out of excitement.  Partially out of the 200 degree sand beneath our bare feet. 

As we reached the ocean, Caleb kept running and made his way out to where the waves were cresting.  I sat back for a few minutes to gather the nerve to take on the huge waves and overcome my slight fear of oceans.  You see, I hate, HATE big bodies of water.  Last year I tried snorkeling in Mexico and had a panick attack that lead to a few tears in the ocean.  What?  I was just trying to give that big ol' body of water a few more drops of moisture.  But yes, it was snorkeling.  And I panicked like a two-year-old. 

So this year I was determined to take part in the fun.  I stood and marched my pink little bathing suit straight towards Caleb with enough determination to, well, to do something really brave.  I watched him take a few waves and saw how easy and fun it all was, so the next big wave I gathered my courage and threw myself on my board right as the wave crested...

Let's just say that's now how you do it, internet.  1.  I threw myself too early and the wave crested on top of my pink bodied bathing suit.  2. When you get ingulfed in a wave it throws you around like a piece of sand... all under water.  Q fear of big bodies of water... now!  3.  When you're in the ocean there are lots of other, shall we say, 'creatures' that share the same space you are in.  Case and point?  I got stung by a Jelly Fish!   

It's true.  I tried to be a big girl and ride boogy boards with my husband but ended up flaling in the ocean, being turned end-over-end in a wave, allthewhile entertwining myself with a jelly fish and having him give me the common courtesy of stinging the back of my leg with his nice little tentacles.  Awesome.  Just the going home present I'd always dreamt of.

Which brings us to another edition of Kisses & Disses!



1. The amazing bridal session I just edited.  Out. Of. This. World.
2. The beautiful light Oklahoma is giving me to shoot in right now.  Thank you Oooooklahoma!
3. This proposal video.  So it made me cry a little.  What of it? 

And what's a kiss without a diss?



1. ESPN for stealing my husband right now.  NBA playoffs.  Lame. but Go Thunder!
2. Coming home from vacation in Mexico.  Why is it always so exciting to leave, but never fun returning?
3. Jellyfish.  Why you gotta be so hateful little man?  I was just trying to share a wave with you.  No need to get irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment