Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Senior Session: Tulsa

It seems like yesterday.  But it's not.  It seems like it will take forever.  But it won't.  It seems like the worst part of your life.  But when you look back, it's the best.

High School is that love-hate relationship everyone goes through. We can’t WAIT to get out on our own, but once we’re out we’re continuously asking ourselves why we were so excited to leave in the first place. I remember the overwhelming feeling of college. Standing in the dorm bathrooms at Oklahoma State praying I could go back in time. It didn’t happen. I had to continue to put one foot in front of the other. I had to continue to eat completely unhealthy food off my meal plan, get myself up for class every day, make myself study rather than watch TV or spend time with friends and even… I know we don’t want to go there… but… Do. My. Own. Laundry. It was horrible. Let me tell you.


We grow up. We move on. It’s all a part of life. But for now, enjoy the season of life you’re in. You can never get it back.
 

1 comment:

  1. Well said Alli! Your pictures are great! The one in the baseball hat makes me think of all the "baseball boys" I went to high school with!

    ReplyDelete